Tuesday 1 April 2008

Sweaty

I went to a lindy hop club night last night, and am still in a fit of pique about it. I am finding learning lindy really hard. Having been jiving for about two years, I am now back to lurking around the edges of dance floors, wanting to get on there but also being scared of making an arse of myself. That said, I am sick of certain people asking me to dance. I always seem to attract the more bullying - and sweaty - minority. These are the sort of chaps (and I'm sure it's not always intentional) who seem to think it's a manly and impressive move to spin you round four times or simply force you the way they want you to go or -sometimes- involve some kind of pelvis/chest grinding. Of course there are lots of lovely leaders out there, but there are a slight minority (usually of the older generation) who think I won't notice they're looking down my frock.