Wednesday 28 May 2008

Domestic goddess





I watched a documentary about Doris Lessing last night and am buzzing with ideas for various literary pursuits (as well as nursing very sore feet after going to a jive evening and then walking all the way home in heels).

Here are a few pictures to represent my very domestic bank holiday weekend. The knitty pieces are from the slowly growing patchwork blanket. I usually keep the pieces wedged into giant glass sweet jars, although they are starting to look like some kind of gory specimen in visceral shades of pink, red and orange.
The noticeboard is my own creation from some leftover gingham fabric and a cheapo cork board - I glued buttons and some broken Hello Kitty hairgrips onto the drawing pins in an attempt to make organisation a bit prettier.
And the baby plants are a sweetpea and a tomato plant from my friend Steph, currently weaving themselves round some knitting needles. I fancy myself as a lady of leisure, strolling around my vast grounds with a matching pink trug and shears, but for now a windowsill will have to do.