Tuesday 24 June 2008

Rocking the night away

I have been absent again, mainly because I spent the weekend in Rye at the Rockabilly Rave weekender. Lots of jiving, strolling and lame attempts at bopping, plus drinking, dressing up and not sleeping. I have lots of pictures of hotrods (and hot girls and guys) which I will upload asap. It was so great meeting like-minded people and making new friends.

Luckily haven't got too much time for the usual post-festival blues as am going to Glastonbury this weekend. It's going to be something of a sartorial downshift (wellies and plastic ponchos rather than red lipstick and circle skirts) but I'm hoping, travel nightmares and mud nonetheless, that it will be as good as last time. I'm not even going to look at the line-up for Reading, especially as I've sworn off it after feeling like Auntie Emo the last time I went. It was like something out of Lord of the Flies and I found myself wishing 'the kids' would 'keep it down'.