Wednesday 6 August 2008

Things I hate about commuting

People who fall asleep on/near you and snore

People who fall asleep on/near you and dribble

Entire carriages of people reading the London Lite/Metro/londonpaper. Get a book!

Men who think they have the right to sit with their legs splayed and take up half of your space

The two women who get on my train every day, and who bitch consistently until East Croydon about people they work with. I feel like standing up and shrieking: ‘Shut up! Shut up! You are banal! Talk about something else!’

People with stupid little wheely suitcases who weave and dawdle in front of you

The trio of depression that is Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Preston Park stations. I’m sure they are lovely places but I just want to get home and they are delaying me!


Forgive my rage, I am currently knitting something in acrylic and in this weather it makes me feel like my hands are on fire.